Cookies and how they Benefit You
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
Our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Cookies In Use on This Site
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|woocommerce_cart_hash||Session, deleted on browser exit||Contain information about the cart as a whole and helps us know when the cart data changes.|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||Session, deleted on browser exit||Contain information about the cart as a whole and helps us know when the cart data changes.|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Session, deleted on browser exit||Used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.|
|wp_woocommerce_session_#||48 hours||Contains information identifying the customer and session expiration time. For guest shoppers this a randomly generated cryptographically strong ID.|
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this
cookie will be named _dc_gtm_<property-id>.
|AMP_TOKEN||30 seconds to 1 year||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other
possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP
Client ID service.
|_gac_<property-id>||90 days||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have
linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords
website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.